Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Allow me to introduce...

So I've been at school for about a month and a half now. Maybe it's time to start writing about it?

First topic of conversation: roommates.

I live in the dorms and share a pod with 4 other girls. We're the "older" bunch with ages ranging from 23-27. First up we have the Austrian. I don't see a lot of her, but she's very nice when I do catch a glimpse of her. She makes me hate her by cycling for about an hour and a half every day. Yes, you read that correctly. Every. Single. Day. I can barely drag my butt to the gym once a week. And by once a week I mean I've been twice this semester. She's only here until December so we will most likely be getting a new roommate for next semester.

Next up we have our youngest coming in at the ripe age of 23. She has more piercings than I have teeth. She's into gaming, addicted to coffee, and likes the same music I do. Everything in her room is pink, which she claims makes her look more like a girl then she actually is. She'd be my drinking buddy if she were ever here. She goes back home to see her bf and to help her parents with their business pretty much every weekend.

Third up is my little country bumpkin. She looks so sweet and innocent, but your impression changes after you listen to some of her stories from her "wilder" days. She's my go to girl for normal conversation and outings. She's a health food nut, but will cave into ice cream every. single. time. She always has a smile on her face, and I'm glad she shares this end of the pod with me.

And finally my last room mate. It would take more words then I have to describe her in one paragraph to you. To sum it up, she irritates the crap out of me. I feel bad because I know she has good intentions and it's not her fault she's severely lacking in the social skills department. Her entire night last night revolved around debating whether or not the expired cake mix powder gave her food poisoning. And today it is if the no name brand cheese sauce tastes the same as KD. She just discovered the other day that we have double decker buses here. I will take this time to inform you all we have lived here for a month and a half. On a bus route! If she's not attempting to burn down the place with my two slice toaster or butting into other peoples business, she's adding multiple bookshelves in the living room for all of her stuff. Because she has stuff. Lots of it. How many jumbo bags of uncooked noodles does one really need? And do we really need every cooking utensil and contraption on the market? I'm just sayin'...

Anyways, time for me to go study some biology. Tune in next time where we will (most likely) discuss my program!

No comments: