Sunday, January 16, 2011

Year in Review 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

Moved out of my parents house & live on my own.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

My last years: paying off my credit card, to take more chances, and to go on a nice trip somewhere.

I did pay off my credit card, I took a chance moving as well as with getting to know some people and both paid off, didn’t make it anywhere on a trip really. Unless you count Fernie. Oh and Edmonton. I think I meant a place like Mexico or Europe haha

New resolutions: eat healthier, get back in shape, and I'll repeat one from last year: take more chances.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No but I know some people who are pregnant and ready to give birth for next year!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My Grandma passed away this year, but I wasn’t close to her.

5. What places did you visit?

Fernie & Jaffray, Edmonton, Kelowna, Vancouver and once I moved, Kamloops

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Money!!

7. What day from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

My friends wedding, some days with my friend & her kids just because we had so much fun

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?

getting into school, moving, and now getting good grades in most of my classes

9. What was your biggest failure?

I can't think of anything I failed at.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing major, thank goodness

11. What was the best thing you bought?

my education... I couldn't afford anything else after that! haha

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

My parents

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

one of my aunts. Some people never grow up. And some people will never get it.

14. Where did most of your money go?

School, nights out with friends


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

moving to ktown, but I also was super not excited about it, if that makes sense.
I was also really excited about going flying with my brother

16. What songs will always remind you of 2009?

Taio Cruz – Dynamite

Flo Rida – Club Can’t Handle Me

Katy Perry – California Gurls

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? I think about the same. Should be fatter from the amount of crap I eat!
c) richer or poorer? Still broke.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Camping!! I didn’t get to go at all this year

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2010?

The first Christmas in years I haven’t had to work! I just spent it with my family minus Adam who now lives in Ontario. It was the first year the 6 of us weren’t together. My aunt and two cousins also came to town for dinner.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

nope. Same as last year, I didn’t even have a boyfriend

22. What are your three favourite photos of 2009?

The first picture is of "my kids" and reminds me of all the good times I had with them. The second picture is of my brother heading towards the plane he flew us around in. The third is of the burnt toaster oven. It reminds me of all the good (and not so good) times I had in rez this fall.



23. What was your favourite TV program?


West Wing, Sex & The City (DVD sets), Big Brother, Jersey Shore (guilty as charged!) I didn’t really get to watch much tv this year.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2010?

I went home for the weekend before my birthday and had dinner and went dancing with a bunch of my friends. My actual birthday, I wrote my first biology midterm, and then went out with some of my room mates and some girls in my program.

25. What was the best book you read?

I didn’t read any new books this year I don’t think! Dang. Should do something about that.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I already loved her last CD but Sara Bareilles – Kaleidoscope Heart was my favourite CD this year. I also really like these girls Jill & Kate. They just put out an acoustic CD with all the songs they have been playing on you.tube.

27. What did you want and get?

to get into my program!

28. What did you want and not get?

my sanity back.

29. What were your favourite three films this year?

Inception, Due Date, Social Network

30. Did you make some new friends this year?

Yes I’ve had to make new friends since I moved cities!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A vacation on a beach to recharge my batteries!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

whatever my work dress code was hahah I spent so much of this year working. Now I’m back in school I usually stick to jeans, sweaters, boots. But I’ve also gotten a couple dresses I actually wear once in awhile.

33. What kept you sane?

Caffeine.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

I can’t think of anything major from this year.

35. Who did you miss?

I’ve missed all my friends back home since I’ve moved. I also miss my friends who moved away before I did!

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I’ve met some great people since I’ve moved, they’re all the best in different ways.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Don’t be scared to go ahead and reach for what you want. Most of the time it’s only yourself holding you back.

No comments: