Today in class we had to do this exercise where we had to write down 3 of the things most important to us in our lives, all on a separate little piece of paper. Then my instructor asked us to pick one and give it to her. We couldn't have it anymore. Which of those 3 things were we willing to give up? Then she read them all out. There was a lot of variety to the answers. People had written down things like happiness, health, education, their house, somebody gave up their mom... which we all laughed at.
Then we had to give her another one. Which of those 2 things were we willing to give up now? Which one was more important to us? Most people gave up their friends or their family.
And then we had to give up our last one. And of course, like I knew they would, so many people had written down their dog. One girl nearly sent me to tears by saying, "Do I have to give you my piece of paper? I just can't give up my dog!!!"
That is the exact conversation I've been having with the universe these last few days. But in the end he made me give up my piece of paper. He made me give him my dog. And I really hate him for that right now.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment