Today was my first day of work. It was fine, except I am no longer used to standing for hours at a time! My last job consisted of 10 hours of sitting. Boy do my legs/feet huuuuurt. I don't work again until Wednesday so hopefully that is enough time for them to recover. The people there seem pretty nice, and there's always something to do (unlike my last job, where I was doing yoga to entertain myself). I always hate the first couple of weeks at a new job. I hate being the new kid and not knowing what I'm doing. At least I have some experience so it's not a total fish out of water situation!
Before work, my friend M and I went to pick pumpkins at our local pumpkin patch! We got lost on the way over. The only sign was right beside the turnoff and by the time you saw the large arrow, it was too late to turn! That and we thought it meant turn up ahead, not turn RIGHT NOW down this little driveway. In the end we found it and that's all that matters. However, neither of us were prepared to lift and carry large pumpkins across a field. We ended up carrying/rolling them into a pile around the edge of the field and bringing the car around.
M mentioned there is a pumpkin patch about an hour out of town which includes a hay ride and wheelbarrows, so it has already been decided that we are going there next year. I didn't know we had one pumpkin patch around here, let alone one with a hayride! Simple pleasures, folks. Simple pleasures.
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment